Win Up To $50,000! Only 2000 Tickets Available $50 Each
MOfficial Rules and Regulations (“Rules”)
This Contest is held by the Sponsor, Destiny’s Way Foundation. The Contest runs from September 13, 2019 at 12:00:01 a.m. (EST) to November 08, 2019 at 11:59:59 p.m. (EST) (the “Contest Period”).
1. Residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry may enter this Contest. Employees of, retirees of, immediate family members of, or those residing with an employee of Destiny’s Way Foundation, its agents and representatives, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries and dealers, advertising and promotional agencies, sponsors, suppliers of materials or services related to this contest, are not eligible to enter this contest. “Immediate family” is defined as parents, siblings, children, spouse or partner or anyone with whom any of the above are domiciled.
2. No purchase necessary to enter. Limit of one (1) contest submission per person during the Contest Period, regardless of the mode of entry. If it is discovered that a participant has attempted to enter the Contest more than once, only the first entry will be included in the Contest draw. There are two (2) ways of entering the Contest:
2.1 By purchasing a ticket to the Ottawa New Year’s Eve Charity Ball for December 31, 2019. The attendee registered on each ticket will automatically be entered in the “Early Bird Contest”. If multiple tickets are purchased with only one name registered on all tickets, only one entry will be included in the Contest Draw.
2.2 By writing a 500 word essay on “Why you would like to attend the event and ideas you would like to see carried out during the event, to make it successful”. Once written, email the essay to [email protected] Include full name, preferred contact email address, and contact phone number.
3. There is one (1) Early Bird Prize Package available to be won from all valid entries received during the Contest Period, consisting of: VIP Ottawa New Year Eve Charity Ball ticket upgrade on December 31, 2019 for two (2), one (1) free Tuxedo rental from Moores Fine Clothing For Men, one (1) two hundred dollar ($200) gift certificate from Melanie Lyne, one (1) limousine ride for two (2) to the Ottawa New Year’s Eve Charity Ball on December 31, 2019, one night stay with breakfast for two (2) at the Courtyard Marriott Ottawa East on December 31, 2019, and one (1) executive car ride home on January 01, 2020.
4. Upon verification, the winner will be notified by the email and phone number provided, with contact instructions. The winner will be contacted by Destiny’s Way Foundation, according to the contact information provided, within one (1) month of being declared the winner. Winner is solely responsible for all additional costs incurred, as a direct or indirect result of planned attendance of the Ottawa New Year’s Eve Charity Ball.
Early Bird Prize Package Draw:
5. A random draw (the “Draw“) will be held at 1:00 p.m. (EST) on November 12, 2019 by Liam Maguire at Liam Maguire’s 1705 St Laurent Blvd, Ottawa, ON . Draw date and location are subject to change.
6. To be declared a winner and claim the Early Bird Prize Package, the entrant selected for the Early Bird Prize Package must:
a) Be reached by telephone by the Independent Contest Organization within three (3) business days of the random draw.
b) Correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question that will be asked by the independent third party over the telephone at a mutually convenient time without help of any nature.
c) Be eligible according to the Contest Rules and once the skill-testing question has been correctly answered, sign a Declaration and Release form that will be sent by mail, or e-mail and return it, duly completed to the Independent Contest organization within five (5) business days of its receipt. The Declaration and Release requires a potential winner to confirm, except where prohibited by law, acceptance of the Prize as awarded, agreement to be bound by the Contest Rules, eligibility to participate in this Contest and compliance with these Rules and to release Destiny’s Way Foundation, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, dealers, its advertising and promotional agencies, sponsors, suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest, and the Independent Third Party, and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, shareholders, agents, successors and assigns from any liability and damages which could arise out of or are in any way related to the Contest and from the awarding, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of the Grand Prize.
d) If a selected participant (a) cannot be reached by telephone within three (3) business days of the Draw Date; (b) fails to correctly answer the skill- testing question (see rule 6.b); or (c) fails to return the properly executed Release Form within the specified time (see rule 6.c), then he/she will be disqualified and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected participant.
7. Failure to comply with any of the above conditions or otherwise with the Rules, will result in the disqualification of the selected entrant. In this event, a new random draw from the remaining valid entries received will be performed to award the Prize and the entrant selected must be able to be reached by phone within 48 hours of the new draw, failing which another draw will be held within a subsequent equal time frame up until such a time as an official winner is declared. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the winner must be declared no later than December 01, 2019 otherwise the Early Bird Prize Package will be void. If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest or for any reason, there are more potential winners of the draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the Contest closing date the Sponsor may award the Early Bird Prize Package or may terminate or amend the Contest in whole or in part without notification to Contest participants.
8. Upon receipt of the Declaration and Release form, the Sponsor will notify the Grand Prize winner of the manner in which he/she will have to take possession of the Early Bird Prize Package. The Sponsor reserves the right to determine how the presentation of the Early Bird Prize Package will occur and this may be either a media event, by mail, or in person.
9. By entering this Contest, the winner authorizes the Sponsor and its representatives to use in any related publicity, if required, his/her name, photograph, image, any statements he/she may make regarding the Early Bird Prize Package, and/or voice for advertising purposes worldwide in perpetuity and in any form of media including the Internet, without any form of compensation, or further notice, except where prohibited by law.
10. In the event that, for reasons beyond their control and not related to the winners, the Sponsor is unable to award the Early Bird Prize Package as described in these Rules, they will agree to substitute an Early Bird Prize Package of similar nature and equal or greater value.